Klinik Lai 赖氏诊所 at Setia Tropika
Our VISION is clear,
To make excellent primary healthcare services available for everyone in this country.
Date and Time
Starting 23/2/2021 (Tue)
Monday to Sunday
EVERY MORNING, 9 AM – 1 PM
42, Jalan Setia Tropika 1/24, Setia Tropika, 81200 Johor Bahru, Johor
PARKING LOT OPPOSITE CLINIC
Plans and Pricing
COVID-19 Screening available:
EVERY MORNING, 9 AM – 1 PM,
starting 23/2/2021 (Tue), at PARKING LOT OPPOSITE CLINIC, to safeguard all patients and public.
- Result < 30 minutes
- Accuracy 90%
- When shall I perform? (suggestion): No contact with Covid-19 patient
- When shall I perform? (suggestion): Fever/cough/sorethroat/flu
- How to do it?: Nose
- Pros: Cheaper
- Cons: If Antigen +ve, NEED TO PERFORM PCR as confirmation (Standard requirement from KKM/MOH)
Covid-19 PCRBest Value
- Result in 48 hours (Up to 72 hours if you’re tested +ve)
- GOLD STANDARD of Covid-19 (MOST ACCURATE)
- When shall I perform? (suggestion): Contact with Covid-19 Positive patient
- When shall I perform? (suggestion): Going oversea (Singapore/Indonesia/etc)
- When shall I perform? (suggestion): Loss of taste
- When shall I perform? (suggestion): Fever/cough/sorethroat/flu strongly suggested
- How to do it?: Nose and Throat
- Pros: Most Accurate
- Cons: More Expensive
Covid -19 screening is NOT required for the following:
1. Under period of quarantine/isolation (10 days)
2. Tested Covid-19 positive and still have URTI symptoms (cough/flu/sorethroat/fever)
3. Tested Covid-19 positive recently (Covid-19 will be positive up to 90 days)
4. Recently recovered from Covid-19 infection
Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing:
📝 What you should know
1. Where is the test done?
Covid-19 swab test is best performed in an open environment: The transmission of the virus is lower in a well-ventilated environment.
In general, being outdoors and in spaces with good ventilation reduces the risk of exposure to infectious respiratory droplets.
Corridors are not suitable to carry out the test as passersby may present.
Indoor testing is also not recommended.
A swab test is an aerosol-generating procedure, the patient will have to remove the facemask, in an enclosed environment, there is a greater risk of infection.
That’s the reason why we choose to perform the test in an outdoor tent, as it is recommended by our KKM.
2. What are the best practices for COVID-19 Screening?
The testing area should be sanitized regularly. Table and chair should be sanitized after the test for every patient.
Doctors should do frequent hand sanitizing and gloves changing.
3. Is the test result accurate?
The accuracy of the result depends on the sampling technique.
Covid-19 Antigen test will require nasopharyngeal swab,
Covid-19 PCR test will require nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal swab.
Incorrect sampling techniques will result in inaccurate results.
Nasopharyngeal Swab ☝️
Oropharyngeal swab ☝️
4. Is the test painful?
The doctor will gently insert a swab into your nasopharynx or oropharynx.
You will feel a sensation of pressure in your nose or your throat.
There will be some discomfort, especially when we want to get the right sample!
When done properly, this usually doesn’t hurt.
Our doctors are certified, well-trained and passionate, and we perform the swab test on our patients the way we want it done on our loved ones.
If you have any question, feel free to contact us:
📱 Phone Number: 0178213827